You don`t have to have drops of sweat running down your back in order to burn up considerable
number of calories and by that maintaining the attractive body shape. Your daily chores are your
chance to melt down calories without feeling strain and lose your breath.
Pushing the cart in the supermarket for one hour will help you burn out about 150 calories.
1. Instead sitting in the bus, offer your seat to elderly people. Stand in the bus while going to
work or university. The movement of the bus will immediately activate your muscles which are
trying to maintain balance and stability. While you imply effort to keep yourself stable, different
groups of muscles will get strengthen and burn up calories with higher rate instead when you use
the not so clean bus seats.
2. Drink cold water. The cold water not only refreshes, but also burns out extra calories. Why?
Our body constantly maintains the same temperature, so when we take the cold water in it works
harder to warm it up and by that burns more calories. Consuming 8 glasses of cold water daily burns
up to 70 calories more than drinking water on room temperature.
3. Play with your children instead watching them having fun. After coming from work
probably all you need is rest, but for your body shape it is better to join your children. The play will
not only make closer bonds, but within 30 minutes you will burn out 150 calories.
4. Sitting restlessly. Even if you enjoy your leisure while you are sitting, imitate the more
nervous persons, those who constantly move. Even the most simple movements, like shaking a leg,
crossing the legs, short standing ups or sitting dons, stretching the arms or moving the head left to
right, those things burn about 300-500 additionally calories daily.
5. Take the responsibility to go shopping. The usual shopping food burns about 150 calories
per hour. But, you can increase that number if you decide to take cart for driving around the
groceries. If you buy just a few items, pick basket instead cart. Put less products in the bags and walk
with them to the car instead riding them in a cart.
6. Move and stand at work as often as you can. Use the break at work not only to eat, but to
move. Stand while you talk to a colleague, pace up and down the office while you talk on the mobile
phone, stand up while you read your mails. Be creative and use every opportunity. Standing burns
40% more calories than seating.
7. Make spicy meals. The hot spices, especially chilly, can speed up the metabolism up to 50%.
The effect lasts almost 3 hours after you have finish the meal.
8. Park the car as far as possible from the work or leave the bus earlier. Every step is
important when you wish a good shape. Plan your time and leave home earlier so that you can have
some extra time for small physical activity. Energetic 20 minute walk burns up to 90 calories. Maybe
it looks little, but it is not if you practice it 2-3 times a day.
9. Relax your partner with massage. He will be happy, a and you will burn extra calories. 30
minute massage burns up to 130 calories.
10. Compete with yourself while cleaning. Make your goal to clean up e certain part of your
home in a certain period of time. For example, clean up the toilet in 20 minutes or the kitchen in 40
minutes. The energetic 20 minute cleaning burns up to 100 calories or twice more than cleaning
11. Prefer the stairs over the lift. Using the lift sounds good, but in the same time it takes away
your chance for strenghtening the leg muscles and the butt and getting rid of 50 calories which you
would lose if you take the stairs.
12. Mowe the grass in the yard. Do you leave this duty to other members of the family? Take
the responsibility of the looks of the yard in your hands. #0 minute mowing will help you burn up to
13. Wash your car yourself. Why spending money in the car-wash shop when one hour washing
of your car might be fun which will burn out about 200 calories? Washing the car requires big and
powerful movements, so not only the car will be shiny, but you will be fit as well. Want to burn up
even more calories? Clean it also inside.
14. Make yourself few new fashion combinations. Take out the clothes from your closet and try
different combinations. Changing clothes can burn out up to 200 calories in one hour.
15. Scare yourself with horror movies. You don’t know what kind of movie to watch this
weekend? Pick horror. Increasing the heart rate caused by the fear burns by average 113 calories in
90 minutes. According to “University of Westminster” the more horrific movies burn up to 184