Making the decision to start working out can be tough most of the times. This might be due to many factors such as laziness, being ashamed that you don’t know how to behave in the gym, not having anyone to go with, not knowing the right exercises… But you have to admit that you have always dreamed of having a six pack and a muscular body. Everyone has dreamed of it.
This will show you the 7 key bodybuilding tips for beginners. Now you have one excuse less not to go to the gym.
These are the 7 key bodybuilding tips:
- Exercise three different muscle groups each week – A complete fitness regime affects the three muscle groups per week, with one our working out for each of them. In case you don’t have time to go that often to the gym, do exercises for your entire body, three days a week (This is only a suggestion). If you do have that much free time, divide your muscle group exercises so that you can recover your sore muscles faster in between the exercises.
- Do exercises for the “big muscle groups” – Be as simple as you can be. Exercises such as squats, dead lift – ups, bench press are an excellent choice for you. Be careful with the weight, it is recommended you start with some low weight before you do some heavy – weight exercises. Do 8 – 12 reps and have in mind that the weight on the last reps should be a little heavier than the beginning. When you do exercises for the big muscle groups, your body releases testosterone which in return increases the muscle size.
- Cardio – Try avoiding running on the track and do it as less as possible. It might be exhausting and you might not have any strength left for the weights. Do cardio in smaller sequences and not so often.
- Sleep priority – Have in mind that these exercises and the gym will make you feel a lot tired, especially if you are a beginner. Sleep for at least 7 hours in order to rest well and be able to go to the gym in the upcoming period.
- Rest – People tend to avoid resting which is completely wrong. If you don’t rest your muscles don’t have time or the ability to become bigger. Have a day or two when you can rest from the gym and give some time to the muscles to grow.
- Watch out for the calories – If you are trying to gain mass, that does not mean that you have to eat any food. It is true that you have to consume more food than normal but be careful with it. It should be a lot of vegetables, proteins, carbohydrates, and healthy fats, and no, this does not mean cheeseburgers and fries!
- Consume a lot of proteins and vegetables – Your meals should contain a good quality protein such as veal, chicken, eggs, fish and all that with a lot of vegetables which can be broccoli, onions, spinach, and beans. These vegetables contain a lot of vitamins minerals and fiber.
Consult with your trainer or an experienced person if you want start using food supplements, proteins or something similar!!