The five Factor Diet from Hollywood
One of the most popular diets in Hollywood is the diet “5 factors” – Five factor diet. It is created by the personal trainer Harley Pasternak and is practiced by many celebrities like Eva Mendes, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Jessica Simpson, Halle Berry and Lady Gaga. Recently also Katy Perry asked Pasternak to make her look great as bride.
Pasternak decided 5 is the magic number and so he made this diet. The diet “5 factors” lasts 5 weeks, includes 5 meals a day which can be prepared in 5 minutes and contain 5 key ingredients. He recommends work out 5 times a week and allows 5 days for cheating in which you can eat anything you want.
If that sounds to you interesting keep reading to get to know more details.
Basics of the five factor diet
- Lasts 5 weeks. The strict and fast diets really show results, but those results are short term results. Pasternak consciously chose his diet to last 5 weeks in order to avoid the unwanted yo-yo effect. Many people continue with this diet even after the five weeks time, so making it a way of life.
- 5 meals a day. The daily menu includes 3 meals and 2 snacks. It is recommended the meals to be consumed each 3 hours. That way hunger is not bothering you so often, and the metabolism works faster. For example, you can eat at 8, 11, 14, 17 and 20 hours.
- The meal should be ready in 5 minutes and contain 5 products. Because you should eat 5 times a day, the meals should be prepared fast and easy, so that everyone can use this diet.
The meals of five factor diet should contain 5 components:
- healthy proteins (chicken breasts, egg whites, curds, fish, shells)
- healthy carbon hydrates (beans, lentil, brown rice, fruits)
- Fiber (oats, wholegrain bread, barley, fruits and vegetables, but no potatoes).
- healthy fats (olive oil)
- no sugar drinks
- 5 days to rest. During the 5 weeks you have 5 days for rest from the diet. In those days you can consume your favorite food. Choose Sunday to be your rest day and then you can eat piece of cake, pizza or visit your favorite restaurant. The strict restrictions do not bring results.
- 25 minute training 5 times a week. For positive results from the dieting you have to practice some physical activity.
Fitness plan “5 factors” – five factor diet
Harley Pasternak recommends 25 minutes exercising 5 times a week. For simplification of his fitness plan he divided it in 5 phases and each of them lasts 5 minutes.
- Phase 1: cardio exercises for worming up. Start increasing the rhythm of the heart by walking, climbing stairs, marching on spot etc.
- Phase 2: workout for the top part of the body… You need small dumb-bells for the exercises with your hands.
- Phase 3: workouts for hardening the lower part of the body. In this phase are practiced leg workouts. The best exercise is squatting.
- Phase 4: abdominal exercises.
- Phase 5: cardio exercises for fat burning. End up the workout with more extensive cardio exercises like running, riding bike etc.
Why this diet is so popular?
- You don`t feel hunger. If you eat often (5 times), you are rarely hungry.
- You eat simple meals. You need only 5 products, and preparation is not supposed to take more than 5 minutes.
- Suggests short fitness sessions. 25 minutes are not much and everybody can afford to spend time on workout.
- Includes “cheating days”. Many people cannot succeed in dieting because they cannot give up their favorite meals.
People who run this diet say that they are very motivating because there is a day when they can eat anything they please.
Five factor diet RESULTS
This diet is not a strict one by which kilograms are lost immediately. Within 5 to 7 weeks you can expect losing weight of about 5-7 kilograms.